- want to attack Jefferson County Public Schools while ignoring the signs of improvement and the many bright spots
- want to point to neighborhood schools as the answer to all of Jefferson County Public School's needs without talking to parents within the system
- want to attack the system from afar without ever having stepped into a Jefferson County Public School
- want to attack Jefferson County Public School teachers as a group because they are in a union without ever seeing them teach individually, visiting their classroom, looking at their performance, or comparing them to teachers who aren't in a union
- want to stand on the sidelines and complain about JCPS without ever contacting your school board representative or speaking up at a school board meeting
- want to attack JCPS using data that you haven't read or don't understand
- want to complain about your school's PTA but haven't ever offered to lend a hand
JCPS has many areas in which it can improve. But it is not helped by people who only want to stand on the sidelines and attack. Great schools take action and involvement, not continual criticism and attacks. By all means, if something is impacting you, your child, or needs changing, then speak up. But work to understand what is going on and constructive ways to fix it. Don't just throw out the baby with the bathwater.